Beau Molloy is an award winning Cinematographer, Lighting Camera Operator and Editor with more than fifteen years experience in news, documentaries and production.
For the past decade Beau has worked as a cinematographer and features production specialist for one of the most prominent media networks around the world - CNN International in London.
Now based in Los Angeles, the Australian native, with British citizenship and American Permanent Residency, has traveled to more than 60 countries, establishing his passion for stunning imagery.
Beginning his career as an ENG cameraman, he was soon covering war-zones, high-profile sit-downs, large-scale OB’s, live-panel debates, fast-paced sports, hard-hitting current affairs, delicately crafted documentaries, presenter led feature programs and celebrity interviews. He now concentrates his skills on productions of all genres: travel, food, science, business, sport, art and technology, whilst applying a sharp eye along with a tireless work ethic.
Beau’s experience on a full range of broadcast and specialist cameras - including a preference for large sensor digital cinema cameras - means he is an extremely versatile shooter and can deliver an array of styles to suit any client. He loves nothing more than to be able to craft beautiful sequences, drawing on his strong editing skills to understand what will benefit most in post-production.
With a resolve to keep calm under pressure and meet tight-deadlines, Beau always finds a solution to the inevitable challenges that arise during a shoot. His strengths are in being able to anticipate the scene before him, accurately interpret an editorial brief or offer his own creative vision, give clear directions when there is a mandate to take the lead and most importantly maintain a sense of humor! He absolutely believes in giving his all to each and every project, as he lives by the mantra that you are only as good as the success of your last assignment.
The Americas may now be Beau’s backyard, but he relishes any opportunity to travel and see the world from behind the lens.
Australian Cinematographers Society Awards
- Gold Tripod - ACS National award for 'On the Road: Ethiopia' 2017 - Entertainment & TV Magazine
- Gold - ACS award for 'On the Road: Ethiopia' 2016 - Entertainment & TV Magazine
- Gold - ACS award for 'Sebastien Ogier' 2015 - TV Magazine, Lifestyle and Reality
- Gold - ACS award for 'Inside Africa: Conservation' 2015 - TV Magazine, Lifestyle and Reality
- Gold - ACS award for 'Future Cities: Bangladesh' 2012 - TV Magazine, Lifestyle and Reality
- Silver - ACS award for 'Cocoa-nomics' 2014 - Documentaries, Cinema & TV
- Silver - ACS award for 'Winning Post: Japan' 2014 - TV Magazine, Lifestyle and Reality
- Silver - ACS award for 'Road to Rio: India' 2012 - TV Magazine, Lifestyle and Reality
- Bronze - ACS award for 'Combat Stress' 2012 - Neil Davis International News
- Bronze - ACS award for 'Olympic Venue Tour' 2012 - Neil Davis International News
- Bronze - ACS award for 'The Gateway: Vladivostok' 2012 - TV Magazine, Lifestyle and Reality
- Bronze - ACS award for 'Future Cities: Vancouver' 2013 - TV Magazine, Lifestyle and Reality